VW cylinder heads are the best "bang for your buck" on increasing horsepower in your Volkswagen engine. This is because horsepower comes primarily from two things:
- The size of the engine itself;
- and the air flow of the heads.
Remember, an engine is just a huge air pump. The more air you pump through the motor, the more power you get. Engine size can't be changed without installing larger pistons and barrels or a stroker crank... but, new vw cylinder heads can be changed without splitting the engine case.
If splitting the engine case and all of the required machine work just isn't on your list of fun projects, nor is purchasing a stroker kit or a whole new engine for thousands of dollars... MOFOCO VW cylinder heads are a true bolt-on performance upgrade that anyone with basic mechanic skills can accomplish in a few hours. All Mofoco heads are made in the USA!!!
Details & specifications featured on all MOFOCO performance heads:
- Silicone Brass Valve guides----approved for unleaded pump gas.
- Heavy Duty Springs
- Aircraft Casting Technology Casting from Eck Industries in Manitowoc, WI
- Larger & Smoother Port Design for Better Air Flow(best "out of the box" flow on the market)
- Thicker Port Walls & Larger Intake Face(additional porting can be done for more flow with no welding required)
- 3/4 Inch Reach Spark Plugs(no more cracks to the seats)
- Three Angle Valve Job
- More Cooling Fins than the competition - Thicker & Stronger(cools 15% better than other castings)
- Thicker Combustion Chamber Ceiling
- Standard 85.5/87mm Bore - larger sizes of 90/92mm & 94mm available
- Machined on CNC-NC Milling Machines
- Assembled by skilled artists & mechanics with 25+ years in the VW aircooled industry
- Bolts on in place of original heads, no special parts required
Which head is right for you?
This question has as many answers as there are unique VW engine setups on earth... but as general guidelines, Mofoco recommends:
Mofoco 041 VW Head, the next step up from stock vw heads meant for engines up to 1679cc... these are for everyone looking for close to stock performance, while solving the infamous "bogging" issues caused by Volkswagen's original design, along with several other MOFOCO designed improvements, such as more & better placed cooling fins.
Mofoco 042 VW Head is made for literally any air cooled VW owner who wishes to have some extra horsepower in reserve, great cooling, and overall higher street performance... Hot VWs rated the Mofoco 042 as the highest flowing unported VW heads available! These will work on any size engine over 1600cc, however for the big and bad 2180cc or larger engines, Mofoco recommends...
...the Mofoco 050 High Performance VW Head! our self designed 050's were created with high horsepower, high capacity engines in mind. Featuring unique D-Shaped intake ports, these are frankly the most powerful street use VW heads on the market.
Quality takes time...
Mofoco performance VW heads are custom built to order! Manufacturing time varies with market demand on standard performance heads so please call or email for current lead times. Porting and polishing will take an additional day or two past our standard current lead time. If you have any special requests, please e-mail Mofoco's president, Roy Henning.
Need to talk to a VW expert?
We are always ready to put our tools back on the bench, wash our hands & come to the phone or computer. Call us up at 414-963-1020, from 9-5pm CST or email Roy at email@example.com.